The appearance of body is defined by body parts. If one-part lags behind in appearance then whole body is shattered. Therefore, it is important for us to keep a check on each and every part of the body. Nipples are the most beautiful part of the body. But a syndrome called puffy nipple syndrome is related to them.
What is puffy nipple syndrome?
Puffy nipple syndrome is the one where nipples or areolas form a puffy nipple mound away from the normal curve of the chest. This is generally found among teenagers during time of puberty which is key to breast development. Also, men have this kind of problem. About 30% of men suffer from this problem without knowing it. It can be related to other diseases on later stages. Puffy nipple syndrome is a clinical condition that is related to gynecomastia. It usually happens due to the: –
- Weight gain
- Hormonal imbalance
- Or steroid use
This is not a problem of concern as it is not a medical condition. But this condition is treatable as most of the men or women do not like their nipples to be puffy and they care a lot about their physical condition.
Is puffiness of nipple syndrome treatable?
There are many treatments that can be done to treat a condition of puffiness of nipples. These are: –
- Regular Exercises
- Proper diet control
- Adding ashwagandha as it increases the lowered testosterone levels
Puffy Nipples Syndrome Surgery:
Other than this we can also have surgery as a quick relief where surgeon performs: –
- Tissue excision-A small incision is placed to remove the tissues of the glandular region by the surgeon which is called as tissue excision. This is done to excise a non-cancerous tumor of the breast such as fibroadenoma. These are done after a mammogram or ultrasound of the breast.
- Liposuction-Fat from the breast tissue is removed by the surgeon without removing the breast called as the liposuction. It permanently removes the fat cells of the body. This helps you to fit in your clothes better.
- Mastectomy-When there is severe form of gynecomastia mastectomy is done. It removes all the tissues of the breast to prevent breast cancer and can also be used to remove areolar tissue from the breast.
- Laser technique-Surgeon may also use a non-invasive fat reduction technique where topical lasers or freezing is used to reduce the fat stores present in the nipple. It tightens up the skin cells and flattens the chest.
- A small incision is placed to remove the tissues of the glandular region by the surgeon which is called as tissue excision
- Fat from the breast tissue is removed by the surgeon without removing the breast called as the liposuction
- When there is severe form of gynecomastia mastectomy is done
- Surgeon may also use a non-invasive fat reduction technique where topical lasers or freezing is used to reduce the fat stores present in the nipple.issue excision costs-
Puffy Nipple Syndrome Surgery Cost :
- Tissue excision costs – Rs. 1,00,000- 1,50,000
- Liposuction- Rs. 50,000- 2,00,000
These can be varied as different surgeons cost differently.
Prof. Venkata Kiran Kumar Mandlem is Head Of Department in CMR College of pharmacy Hyderabad . He Completed PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Andhra University . More info about him MV Kiran Linkedin