Vyvanse or Lisdexamfetamine is a stimulant drug that is used for stimulating the Central Nervous System. It is used for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and Binge Eating in adults. Vyvanse is used to treat adults and children above the age of 6 for Adhd (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder). It is also the only drug that is recommended for Binge Eating.
It is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drug under the Schedule II of controlled substances. You can only buy this drug through the prescription of a Doctor. A Doctor after checking your symptoms can prescribe you this drug. This drug can help a person in concentrating and holding attention to things they do. Many patients have reported its positive effects on a patient’s attention levels. Interestingly, it is the only drug or medication that is recommended for Binge Eating.
Binge Eating is a condition in which a person has an uncontrollable urge for eating and he cannot control himself. So, this drug helps you in controlling that urge. You should take this drug according to the prescription of your Doctor. Misuse or abuse of this drug should be avoided otherwise a person can become an addict to this particular substance. The abuse of this drug has been reported by addicts.
It was early believed that this drug cannot make be abused but addicts have also started to misuse it. This drug’s overuse can produce strange symptoms in your body like- increased heart rate, creation of a fake sense of confidence, overactive nervous system, sleep disturbance, anxiety. So, this drug is a prescribed drug and can be only bought by the prescription of a Doctor. You should take this drug according to your Doctor’s prescription.
Generally, Vyvanse is taken once in the morning. Afternoon and evening doses are strictly prohibited since they can interfere with your system and can affect your sleep. With or without food you can take this drug as you may like it. The dosage of Vyvanse is slowly increased and it starts with a low dose. A Doctor can increase the dosage according to your body’s response to it.
This drug comes in different capacity like 20 mg,30 mg, 40mg, 50mg, 60mg and 70 mg. It comes in the form of a tablet and capsule. The working of Vyvanse is an interesting process. Whenever a person consumes Vyvanse his central nervous system becomes active and it changes certain chemicals in the brain like dopamine and norepinephrine. In this manner, Vyvanse creates a feeling of happiness and feeling good. This drug is an amphetamine that affects your brain by changing its chemicals.
Tests to determine ” How long does Vyvanse stay in your System “
In this manner, Vyvanse helps in treating ADHD. But this ability of the drug to make you feel good can become the reason for addiction. Addicts may start consuming it to feel good and to feel high. Abuse should be avoided, as it has many side effects. Vyvanse may last in your body for a long time depending upon the test you are using to detect it. Various tests can be used to detect the presence of Vyvanse in our bodies. Various tests that are used for detecting for How long does Vyvanse stay in your System are
- Blood Test– Vyvanse stays in your blood for a short period of time. It takes 8 hours after the consumption of Vyvanse for a blood test to detect its presence in your body. The time frame within which it can be detected is from 8 to 24 hours. The same thing applies in the case of the Saliva test.
- Urine Test– This test is the most commonly used method for detecting the presence of Vyvanse in your body. This test can detect the presence of Vyvanse for up to three days and maybe more than that in certain cases. This test gives you more time for detection than that of a Blood test and thus it is the most commonly used method for the detection of Vyvanse.
- Hair Test– Your hair can hold Vyvanse for the longest period of time and thus it has a longer window for the detection of it in your body. Hair samples also take a longer time for testing positive for Vyvanse. The time window for detection of Vyvanse in your hair samples can be about a month. So, if you want to detect whether a person is consuming this drug on a regular basis you can use this method for its detection.
But there are many factors that affect its detection in a person’s body. Due to these factors, its detection varies from person to person. These factors are-
- Metabolism– It depends upon the body of every individual. Some people have faster metabolism so they are quicker to eliminate the drug out of their body. So, detection in such cases should be done as early as possible since the time frame is very short here.
- Health Status-Drug of any kind also gets quickly eliminated from the bodies of the people who are young and healthy since their body functions properly and it can digest and deal with any substance. So, detection in the case of such people also becomes a big challenge.
- Age– But as the person ages the elimination process becomes difficult. With age, a person’s metabolism becomes slow and it becomes difficult for him to eliminate any substance from his body.
- Health Issues– Individuals who have any kind of disease or have some problem in the functioning of their organs are also slow to eliminate Vyvanse from their body. Their bodies function relatively slower than other people do and thus, Vyvanse or any other drug eliminates very slowly in their body.
- Dose– Another factor that can affect the detection of Vyvanse in the body the doses the person has taken. If the person has taken many doses of it in a day, the chances of its detection increase. If a person, takes its doses on daily basis then also the chances of its detection increase.
- Weight and Gender– It also affects Vyvanse’s metabolism and detection in the body. Women tend to have a slower metabolism than men do and thus men are quicker to eliminate any substance from their body. Usually, thin individuals have faster metabolism thus they eliminate any substance faster than more individuals with weight do.
So, there are many factors that affect its metabolism and detection in the body. There are three methods to detect Vyvanse in your body and every method has its own duration to detect it in your body. You can use the method that suits you.
Prof. Venkata Kiran Kumar Mandlem is Head Of Department in CMR College of pharmacy Hyderabad . He Completed PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Andhra University . More info about him MV Kiran Linkedin